Friday, September 08, 2006

Humble knowledge

It might be might fascination with all things simulation, but I long not for knowledge of the deep and obscure; the smaller and humbler phenomenas of everyday life, that we take for granted are more appealing to me.

The knowledge we have is too frequently polluted by myths, urban legends and plain falsenesses. We get that from childhood memories, erroneous, shallow and/or short TV programs, and good ol' enthropy.

So I'll gather some topics I am curious of, some quite bland, some very specific and far off. But most will be simple and down to earth. But mostly it is knowledge I think we all need, since we need to understand the simple things first, before linking our knowledge snippets together and building hard opinions on more everyday subjects.

I'll see how it evolves. At first I'll edit info I find here and there, mostly from www.wikipdeia.org.

Let us be humble.

No comments: